Published 16th April 2012
The first online report where Pension and Endowment Fund Managers, Asset Managers and Consultants come together to discuss the emerging opportunities in catastrophe and life insurance risk and how market changes will bring ILS instruments into the mainstream of investment vehicle choice.
With financial market volatility continuing to cause fear amongst allocators to equity and fixed income funds, institutional investors are seeking havens of diversification and sources of reliable return. As increasing numbers of institutional investors enter the ILS market for the first time, fund managers, re-insurance groups and insurance brokers are looking to satisfy the new supply of capital with innovative investment instruments to meet this insatiable demand. As ILS sector changes speed up, those at the forefront of the market are looking to differentiate themselves creating market competition levels not seen previously.
Insurance Linked Securities for Institutional Investors is the first report of its kind written from the pension scheme and endowment fund perspective. 15 pension, endowment, asset management and consultancy professionals will come together to assess through white papers, roundtable debates and case studies, the key issues and opportunities involved with ILS investing.
The report will investigate the key issues of:
- Analysing individual ILS instruments
- How diversified a portfolio of ILS instruments can be
- How suitable ILS structures are to differing profiles of investors?
- Is the private placement market offering the possibility of custom designed insurance risk instruments or simply a concentrated risk note?
- How can ILS managers better judge the underlying risks of private placement offerings?
- The market developments investors should know about
Key service and product providers this report is suitable for includes:
- Insurance Linked Securities fund managers
- Re-insurance providers
- Insurance brokers
- Investment consultants
- Risk analysis, information and technology providers