Tangency Capital Presentation
Insurance Linked Securities from an Asset Management Perspective: Why the Time is Right
Dominik Hagedorn, Co-Founder, Tangency Capital
Risk Mitigation with Insurance Linked Securities: 2023 Outlook for Institutional Investors
- Given current macroeconomic conditions and continued market volatility, what is the status of the ILS market now? Where do debates around diversification stand, what are the exposures, and how will things be managed going forward?
- In terms of capital efficiency, how does 2023 differ from 2022 for ILS when it comes to diversification and risk mitigation? What lessons have you learned from the past, and how can you apply these in the future?
- Do you go all in (i.e. on Florida), or do you diversify? How do ever-shifting regulatory regimes factor into this decision?
- How are climate change concerns impacting the viability of ILS now and in the future?
- With premiums going up, which ILS model best mitigates risk and adds value for investors, and why
Interviewer: Maya Sibul, Reporter & Content Producer, Clear Path Analysis
Gordon Woo, Catastrophist, Risk Management Solutions
Sean Egan, Chief Executive Officer, Egan-Jones Ratings
Michael Jedraszak, CIO, Tangency Capital
Jitzes Noorman, Senior Delegated CIO & Investment Strategist, Columbia Threadneedle Investment EMEA APAC
Chantal Berendsen, Senior Analyst, Hedge Fund IDD, Albourne Partners