Survey background, research and methodology
Section 1: Foreword - Why the European insurance asset management sector needs independent clarity
Section 2: Survey results with commentary
Over the course of 25 carefully chosen questions, we asked those leading investment activities at insurers ranging from less than £200m to more than £20bn in Assets under Management (“AuM”), questions regarding their attitude and plans for asset allocation.
Some of the featured questions include:
- What is the (approximate) split of assets under management in the following areas
- What are the three major macro risks you are concerned by?
- What three main major investment challenges are you facing now that will remain a factor for the next 12 months?
- In order to increase yield opportunities, would you consider diversifying into strategies that carry a higher risk vs. return ratio in the next 12 months?
- In terms of diversifying your portfolio, which of these Alternative investment opportunities would you be most likely to consider (or would like to hear more about) over the next 12 months?
- For these types of Alternative investments, what constraints do you have?
- Which asset classes are you seeking outsourced expertise to help guide you in your investment allocations into?
- Which specific fixed income areas do you expect to decrease your allocations to in the next 12 months?
- Which specific alternative investment areas do you expect to decrease your allocations to in the next 12 months?
- Do you consider currency risk a growing, decreasing or same threat to your investment portfolio now as you did 12 months ago?
- What are the three most likely reasons you would change investment managers in 2016?
- How satisfied are you with your incumbent custodian / fund administration provider?
2.2 White paper - Senior secured corporate loans - a rapidly growing market
- Vanessa Ritter, CFA Head of Global Loans,BNP Paribas Investment Partners
- Javier Peres Diaz, Head of European Loans, BNP Paribas Investment Partners
2.3 White paper - What is driving European insurers to look at Asian bond investments?
- Adeline Ng, Head of Asian Fixed income, BNP Paribas Investment Partners bond investments?
2.4 White paper - Currency exposure – is it really a risk for insurance companies?
- Momtchil Pojarliev, CFA, PhD Senior Portfolio Manager – Currency, BNP Paribas Investment Partners
2.5 Interview - Solvency II and the current market environment: time for new investment frontiers?
- Mustapha Bouheraoua, Head of Institutional Business – France, Invesco